Friday, March 17, 2006

Group Blogs

In this post you need to only 3 questions:

1. Your Name and Institution
2. Are you willing to host a blog?
3. What topic would you like to suggest for the blog?


This post will remain active for 48 hours as people step forward to respond. As the close of that time - we will divide off the groups and merge partners so that the new blogs can get started.

Working solely online without communicating in a classroom setting can be confusing - so please email with questions if you need to know what direction to go in next.

Your task for today is to use the comment link to respond to this post answering the three questions above.

star@tltgroup.org

4 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Karen Wahl said...

Hi. This is Karen Wahl from Mercer County Community College, NJ.

I would be interested in joining Kelly's blog on reusable learning objects.

I would also be interested in a blog on How Blogs could be useful in Distance Learning (online courses). Do blogs serve the same purpose as an online discussion board? Do they have other advantages? I'm not quite clear.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Beth Dailey said...

Happy Sunday to all,

I am Beth Dailey from Nicolet Area Technical College. I would love to participate in the blogs being suggested. I'm especially interested in how to incorporate blogs in an online course.

We have been exploring the concept of self-dircted learning: how to assist students in the development self-directed learning skills. I would be happy to host a blog on that subject.

Beth

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Terri said...

This is Terri from Fox Valley Technical College. I'm interested in participating in your blog, Beth (Dailey). I'd like to know how this tool is more valuable than providing a Blackboard discussion area (since most of our students use Bb now).

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Ida said...

I would have created a blog on confidentiality in the classroom as it applies to blogs. It is located at http://idajones.blogspot.com . I'd like to participate in a blog--I'm open though on the topic.

idaj@csufresno.edu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home